Email us : email@example.com
Call us : 0810 000 0138
Are you a playwright or dramatist? Do you write dramatic literature or drama to be performed by actors?
To support young playwrights, the Lagos Theatre Festival 2016 is seeking submissions of scripts for the Festival. The topic of the play should reflect the experiences of young people living in Lagos today. Shortlisted plays will be selected by a panel of writers for a creative writing workshop and script development.
The winners of the competition will be awarded a cash prize of #100,000 each with the option to have the play performed at Lagos Theatre Festival 2016. The prize, publication and production are subject to the playwright agreeing to the terms of the Lagos Theatre Festival Production Team. As part of this season, the Lagos Theatre Festival will return bigger and better than ever before, occupying several venues on Lagos Island and the Mainland with a curated festival running alongside a small Fringe strand.
There is no entry fee and the competition is opened to all playwrights aged 18 to 35. Shortlisted plays will be selected by a panel of distinguished writers for a creative writing workshop and script development mentorship for the final scripting.
1. Nationwide submissions are welcomed
2. Submissions must be original, unpublished, full-length plays written in English
3. Playwrights may submit only one manuscript
4. Plays that have been previously produced or published are not eligible; plays that have had a workshop, reading, or non-professional production will be considered
5. Plays must not be under option, commissioned, or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission
6. Plays must be typed or word-processed and page numbered.
7. Lagos Theatre Festival reserves the right not to choose a script and reserves the right to determine the ineligibility of a playwright, in keeping with the spirit of the competition
8. Applicants submitting entries must be the owner and controller of the copyright. Co-authored plays or plays based upon factual material or an adaptation are allowable. However, legal clearance of materials not in the public domain is the full responsibility of the playwright(s). A page stating and certifying this with the author/applicants signature shall accompany each submitted entry.
9. Only successful applicants will be contacted. You will receive an email auto response upon receipt of your submission
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline for all submission is midnight on 9th August 2015
comments powered by Disqus